Thursday, February 1, 2007

End Of Kayak's

I'm done! I had put my two weeks in at Kayak's Café. Today I received a call from my boss. He sounded distressed and was very quick to question me. He started off by saying that I did not need to come in tomorrow for my last shift. He then asked if I needed to tell him anything. I informed him that I had nothing to say. He continued to try and get me to fess up to something, so I asked him what was on his mind. He then informed me that there was a surprise visit by the health inspector, he continued by asking if that came as a surprise. I told him that it was not surprised by a health inspection (my manager had been telling me that there would be one soon). He then informed me that he heard that I told everyone there that on my last day I would mess with the food and call a health inspector to try and get him in trouble. I hastily told him that that was not true in the least. I told him that I had joked about answering the phone Kaldi’s or Starbucks (rival coffee shops), and that it was nothing more then joking. He did not believe me and seemed to be getting more and more upset. The phone conversation ended with him telling me not to come in for my last shift and that they would mail my last paycheck. I was somewhat relived, I had been looking for someone to cover my shift. So it all works out in the end, I just thought I was crazy that he would make up or take so seriously that rumor (that is that outlandish) especially because he knows that Kyle (a co-worker) and I joke all the time, and never go through with anything we say.

Class is starting to pick up. I’m really enjoying it, and I can’t wait untill I get to start my clinical rotation!

I recently saw the movie “Children of Men”. I was very intrigued by the message it was sending. It has to be one of the best movies I have seen in the cinema recently. It was beautifully written, directed, the cinematography was amazing, and on top of all that it has some very talented actors! I think this movie hits so close to home that it is far off. I love how they incorporated the use of news of out time as news from recent past in the film. I’m not going to say much about the plot because I don’t want to give it away (I hate when people do that). I will say if you have not seen this movie yet you should. I will caution you that is has some very graphic violence (probably the most believable violence I have ever seen in a movie. But watch in the background of almost every scene there is some sort of political reference hidden in the crowd or newspaper clippings. I loved how provocative it was, it really makes you look at what is happening in a different light. It makes you see things less of a instant gratification perspective out look on life.

I will begin my “looking through the eyes of Salomon” later this evening! So please check back for that!

-James

No comments: